Addressing the Latest Threats and Solutions
IDGA’s Cyber Security for Government aims to be the central meeting point for government personnel, suppliers and academia who strive to significantly change the landscape of Cyber Security technologies.
This event will delve into the evolving nature of the cyber domain across federal/state departments and agencies. In doing so, it will address, in depth, the rise of cyber attacks, the constant evolution of cyber threat, the issues of limited funding and resources, the future of cyber security, as well as current programs and initiatives. Here are some of the benefits you will gain by attending:
- Analysis of the future requirements and trends that will put the nation’s network and information security ahead of the current cyber threats
- Networking with leaders and decision makers from throughout the cyber security community
- A first hand look at some of the latest technological advancements in IT security governance and cyber security framework
- Feedback from cyber architects and engineers on the performance of current and existing security systems, and where the most pressing capability needs lie
- Learning about best practices for interagency cooperation and community collaboration in effectively protecting against cyber threat
Interactive presentations at the Cyber Security for Government event will include:
- Project Code Red
- White House Initiative: National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE)
- Building an Effective Information Security Management System
- Understanding the Evolving Direction and Nature of Cyber Security
- Developing and Implementing an Effective and Robust Cyber Security Framework
CYBER Special Edition Magazine 2013
IDGA has published an online magazine called ‘CYBER – Special Edition 2013’ – a culmination of 13 exclusive interviews on the past, present, and future direction of Cyber and Network Security. Featuring commentary from some of the Cyber industries foremost minds, like: Mark Maybury, Doug Maughan, Adam Meyers, Paul Williams, Paul DeSouza, Ernest McDuffie, Scott Borg and more. Learn more about one of America's most sinister and persistent threats to national security.
[ARTICLE] Report Lists U.S. Weapons System Designs Hit by Chinese Cyber Spies
A confidential report prepared for the Pentagon says the designs of more than two dozen major weapons systems that are crucial to U.S. security have been compromised by Chinese hackers.
The report by the Defense Science Board, a top-level advisory group comprised of leading government figures, did not specifically accuse the Chinese of stealing the designs...
[PODCAST] NICE and NIST: Plotting Cyber Milestones and Building Partnerships
Cyber-security is pervasive everywhere, so there’s no way that any single federal agency or single government agency at all can tackle this by themselves. Dr. Ernest McDuffie, Lead, National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) at NIST, examines the current and future plans for the initiative and highlights what the directives are from the White House on the state of cyber security in 2013...